Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Nothing Says "Honey, We've Finally Made It" Like and Inflatable Cartoon Character in Your Yard

My roommate, Frogger, and I were driving to the gym last night when we passed a yard with one of those horrific, gigantor inflatable lawn ornaments in the shape of a happy pumpkin or some such ridiculousness.

Me: This inflatable decorative lawn ornament trend is really unfortunate. What are these people thinking? "I have a million dollar house... I think I'll park a spooky, eight-foot, inflatable polyester GHOST right in my rhododendrons!"

Frogger: I know! My neighbors at home got a snow globe taller than me last year, and my brother almost died when he saw it. You'll know it's time to shoot me if I ever get one of those.

Me: Why have people embraced the gigantic inflatable movement? What seems like a good idea about these things? It's like a couple years ago when everyone and their brother got those icicle lights.

Frogger: Yeah. At least those are pretty.

Me: Tasteful Christmas house illumination is one thing. But a giant inflatable Snoopy...

Frogger: They're just straight up gonna regret that later.

No comments: