Friday, October 20, 2006

Hello.. ello... ello...

I don't blame you for going away. I'd given up on this blog, too.

Sooo... this is awkward. It wasn't you. It was me. It probably still is me. No promises. I have committment issues, OK?

Anywho, things are great with me! I still love my job, my friends, and my town. I especially love my little house. I lit my first fire in my first fireplace tonight. (That is, after I installed two smoke detectors and one carbon monoxide detector. Really... I'm 26 going on middle-aged-worry-wart.) I just finished reading Marley and Me, which was fantastic, and so much better than the ridiculous snooty book club fare I've been wading through lately. (See, e.g., The Human Stain. This book makes me mad at it, even now, when I am through with it in every sense of the word, except that it's still glaring at me from the pile on my nighttable.) I want a puppy, and I want it yesterday. I shall name him Poe, and he shall be a black lab. Get it? Poe? Black? Ravens? Southern? OK. I just can't wait to say "NO, POE!"

It's all fallish and beautifulish outside. I always say how much I love cold weather and then remember that I am a total wuss. I wore 8 layers to work today, and I'm about to hop up from my drafty office and go park it in front of my fire (!!) and catch up on all the accumulated stuff on my DVR. (DVR is the best, ever.)

But, why are you home, you say? On a Friday night? Didn't you used to be fun? Yeah, yeah. I still am. I just needed some me time tonight, and I spent it reading, installing safety devices, and catching up with you all, my long lost Internets. I am basking in your chilly skepticism even now.

In the manner of clearing the air, yeah, I have a b...b...b...boyfriend. (Who tells a really fantastic joke involving stuttering and the letter B... but I digress.) So if you're looking for manic single girl raving, I'm fresh out. We'll try this for awhile and see if it gets us anywhere.

I might stay awhile this time. Stranger things have happened.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I never left.